Admissions to the Doctoral School are awarded on a competitive basis. The competition is conducted by the Admission Committee composed of researchers from the Institutes that run the Doctoral School in order to select the best candidates through evaluation (in the form of scoring) their study results, scientific achievements, and knowledge in the field of higher education in connection with the subject of their master's thesis and the topic selected for implementation during the doctoral studies. The candidates with the highest scores are admitted to the Doctoral School. Admission to the Doctoral School takes place by enrolling a candidate on the list of doctoral students in a given academic year.
The regular admissions period starts in September and detailed recruitment rules are announced five months in advance. Research topics proposed to candidates, along with the admission limit to the Doctoral School, are announced in June.
Terms and conditions of admissions
Admission to the Doctoral School takes place through a competition, the rules and requirements of which are approved by the Council of the Doctoral School and the Scientific Council of IB PAS:
Admission calendar for the academic year 2021/2022
- Until July 1, 2021 – announcement of the members of the Admission Committee
- Until July 4, 2021 – announcement of the research topics and admission limits
- Until August 28, 2021 – submission of documents for the admission process by candidates
- Between September 1 and 10, 2021 – interviews with candidates
- Until September 30, 2021 – completion of the admission process
The candidates will be informed about the exact date of the interview and its form (on-line or on-site) before September 1, 2021.
Director of the W. Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences appointed the Admission Committee for the recruitment of candidates for the Doctoral School of Natural and Agricultural Sciences for the academic year 2021/2022, composed of:
- Dr. Agnieszka Bednarska (Chairwoman)
- Anna Drabik
- Professor Franciszek Janowiak
- Dr. Łukasz Kajtoch
- Professor Henryk Okarma
- Dr. Renata Stachowicz-Rybka
- Dr. Grażyna Szarek-Łukaszewska
- Professor Lucyna Śliwa
- Dr. Sebastian Tarcz
- Dr. Elżbieta Wilk-Woźniak
- Dr. Piotr Wójcik
- Professor Iwona Żur
- Edyta Mazur
- Marcin Wiorek
Admissions limit and research topics
Director of the W. Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences announced admission to the Doctoral School of Natural and Agricultural Sciences for the academic year 2021/2022 with the admission limit of 9 people and the following list of framework research topics.
- Symbiotic interactions in the lichen holobiont and their role in the evolution of biodiversity of lichenicolous fungi in tropical mountain forestsPDF
- Palaeogenomics of Central European refugia: spatio-temporal dynamics of arctic-alpine flora at the interplay of northern and temperate latitudesPDF
- Plant secondary metabolites in a defense response to environmental stressesPDF
- Assessment of the impact of innovative high-protein non-GMO feeds of domestic origin on the gastrointestinal tract development, health status and rearing indices of pigletsPDF
- Breeding value prediction in dairy cattle using a single step modelPDF
- Analysis of myogenesis process to improve production efficiency and product quality for in vitro produced artificial meatPDF
- The evolutionary changes occurring in a selected group of Diptera Nematocera during the EocenePDF
- A role of genomic diversity and pathogen pressure in the invasion success – a case study of natural and invasive populations of common raccoonPDF
- Reconstruction of the Late Glacial palaeoenvironmental changes of the Polish Western Carpathians, on the base of lithological and macrofossils analyses of the selected landslide fen depositsPDF
- Application for admission to the Doctoral School along with reasons therefor and specification of the framework research theme referred to in the announcement of the admission; the candidate may indicate the second research theme (along with the justification of the choice), the implementation of which he/she is interested in if he/she is not accepted for the research theme indicated as the first choiceDOC
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the admissions procedureDOC
- CV specifying a list of scientific achievements, employment record and participation in scientific projects
- Personal data formDOC
- Two photos + one photo in electronic form (passport-sized format)
- Diploma certifying completion of Master studies
- Certificate or diploma certifying completion of studies, confirming English language competencies at no less than B2 level; the list of certificates is specified in Appendix to the Rules for Admission
- Photocopy of the student's record book/diploma supplement containing the relevant entries
- Statement concerning previously commenced doctoral studies or doctoral programme, or education at another doctoral school
- Information on the doctoral scholarship received at another doctoral school and the period for which it has been paid
- A copy of the abstract of the Master's thesis in Polish or English
- A statement of no health-related contraindications to carry out the tasks provided for under the research theme concerned
- A statement to the effect that the person can use electronic equipment in order to attend classes held with the use of distance learning methods and techniques
- Declaration of disability
The list of obligatory documents and their form are specified in the Rules for Admission (see above).
Documents should be submitted to the Secretariat of the Doctoral School of Natural and Agricultural Sciences by August 28, 2021.
Non-standard admissions (research project calls)
The competition for a doctoral student for a research project under the Doctoral School takes place on the terms and according to the schedule announced at the Institute which is the beneficiary of the project.
Recruitment for the academic year 2021/2022 for research topics 2, 7, 8 and 9 is, at the same time, a recruitment for projects under which the doctoral scholarship will be financed. Recruitment for these topics will take place on the basis of a regular competition for a doctoral student taking into account the rules applicable to projects.