Komitet Ochrony Przyrody - Polska Akademia Nauk
Main page
Presiding Board
Membership
Commisions
Statute of the Committee
Rules of awards
Domain of the Committee
History of the Committee
Statements and appeals
Conferences
Calendar
Links
The Bulletin
Another publications
Gallery
Polish version
About GMOs

History of the Committee

The ancestral organization to the Committee on Nature Conservation of the Polish Academy of Sciences was the Committee on Nature Protection of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences, established in 1949 as a scientific body that was to take over the advanced work of State Council of Nature Protection and that was active until the cancellation of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences (in 1951).

The Committee on Nature Conservation of the Polish Academy of Sciences was established in 1957 gathering mainly the people formerly involved in the activity of the Committee on Nature Protection of the Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences. In 1978 it was transformed into the Commission on Nature Conservation of the Scientific Committee "Man and Biosphere" working at the Presiding Board of the Polish Academy of Sciences, and next, in 1981, reactivated under its original name.
  • Members of the Committee in the previous cadences (in preparation)

  • Resolutions of the Committee passed in the previous cadences (in preparation)

  • Official statements and appeals of the Committee (in preparation)

  • Series: "Publications of the Committee on Nature Conservation of the Polish Academy of Sciences" in the years 1985-2004 (details)

  • Photographs related to the history of the Committee (in preparation)

.

Committee on Nature Conservation of the Polish Academy of Sciences
Contact: W. Szafer Institute of Botany, Polish Academy of Sciences, Lubicz 46, PL-31-512 Kraków, Poland;
phone: +48 12 424-17-01, +48 12 424-17-69; e-mails: z.mirek[at]botany.pl, a.nikel[at]botany.pl