The Studies are organized by four institutions of the Cracow Branch of the Polish Academy of Sciences:
Institute of Botany,
Institute of Plant Physiology,
Institute of Nature Conservation,
Institute of Animal Systematics and Evolution.
and by Faculty of Biology and Agriculture of the University of Rzeszów
An acceptance to the doctoral studies is based on the qualifying colloquium.
The information about submitting the application and the qualifying colloquium period in January 2013
Candidates for admission to the Studies in Krakow submit the application together with the required documents at the W. Szafer’s Institute of Botany Polish Academy of Sciences, Lubicz 46, room 110.
Candidates for admission to the Studies in Rzeszow submit the application together with the required documents at the Faculty of Biology and Agriculture of the University of Rzeszów, ul. Ćwiklińskiej 2
- A necessary condition is to obtain an approval of the independent researcher (professor or associate professor) from the Institute in which the candidate intends to carry out the studies.
Additional information is available:
- Palaeozoology, palaeobotany and palaeoethnobotany;
- Zoogeography and phytogeography of all groups of plants and fungi (traditional and molecular methods);
- Biological diversity (a wide spectrum of problems);
- Anthropogenic changes in the natural environment and the flora and fauna of Poland.
- Extinction problems in the Polish flora and fauna.
- Biological invasions - invasive plant and animal species;
- Application of molecular methods in the evolutionary taxonomy, phyto- and zoological ecology and nature conservation;
- Freshwater algae - taxonomy, ecology and biogeography;
- Ecology of natural areas and areas transformed by human activity;
- Ecotoxicology - a variety of problems connected with the presence of ecotoxins in the environment;
- Problems concerning the endangerment and conservation of flora, fauna, biotopes and landscape;
- Experimental protozoology;
- Biology of stress and ecophysiology;
- Biology of flowering;
- Cell biology;
- Biotechnology of plants;
- Nature and environment al conservation;
- Yeast - physiology, regulation of the cell cycle;
- Biology of reactive oxygen species and antioxidants;
- The aging of yeast and higher organisms;
- Biology of crop plants;
- Biology of fish.
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal questionaire
- 3 photographs (plus one in electronical form)
- University diploma
- Information about the evaluation of the MSc thesis and the average grade from the masters studies (photocopy of index with relevant pages);
- Medical certificate confirming ability to work
- References from the former places of employment
- Written consent of the future tutor
- NIP, PESEL, ID number
- Information about liability for military service (men must present a military service document for inspection).
- Lesser Poland Initiative Center – DOCTUS – Lesser Poland scholarship fund for Ph.D. Students http://www.stypendia.mcp.malopolska.pl/
- Anna Pasek Foundation - http://www.annapasek.org/
- Foundation for Polish Science (International PhD Projects Programme) - http://www.fnp.org.pl/programy/aktualne_programy_fnp/stypendia_i_subsydia/program_mpd
- Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences: Young Scientists Meetings -http://pau.krakow.pl/index.php/20090116100/Spotkania-Modych-Naukowcow.html
- 75th Announcement of the Cracow’s Branch of the Polish Botanical Society : http://www.ib-pan.krakow.pl/download/75 komunikat PTB.pdf
- Minister’s of Science and Highier Education announcement about the programme on the support for the scientific research “Iuventus Plus” : http://www.bip.nauka.gov.pl/_gAllery/11/83/11831/20101105_Iuventus_Plus.pdf
The inauguration of the academic year 2006/07 of the International Doctoral Studies of Natural Sciences Polish Academy of Sciences
The scientific reporting session 1-5 June 2009
- Signing on 18 February 2010 in Krakow, the accession agreement of the Faculty of Biology and Agricultural University of Rzeszów to the International Doctoral Studies of Natural Sciences Polish Academy of Sciences
The inauguration of the academic year 2010/11 of the International Doctoral Studies of Natural Sciences Polish Academy of Sciences